How To Choose States In NYSC Online Registration, this guide is for you. Most prospective Corp members are often taken unaware when they are to choose states. Some will bring out 3 or even 4 states in areas where they will be allowed to choose only one. So, knowing how you can choose state during NYSC registration will ensure you prepare well.
If you know How To Choose States In NYSC Online Registration, you will most likely choose states you want to serve in. Although there are 6 geo-political zones in Nigeria, you will not be allowed to choose 6 states. Rather, NYSC allows you choose only 4 states. This is why you must know how it is done to enable you plan yourself very well. And, that is what we are here to show you below.
Like we said, you will be allowed to choose only 4 states from where one will be randomly selected for you. So see how you can choose your state.
- After you are mobilized for services, you will be required to go online and create account on the NYSC portal.
- Once you have logged into your portal, you will be able to choose 4 states out of the 36 states in the federation. Your state of origin and the state from which you graduated from will not be included for you to choose.
- Since it’s four states, you will be allowed to choose one state each from the following arrangement:
- 1 state from the North Central zone
- 1 state from either North East or North-West zones
- And,1 state from either South East or South-South zones
- 1 state from the South West zone.
- After choosing, you will be mobilized to one of these states chosen at random by the NYSC management.
List Of Nigerian Geopolitical Zones
Below are the list of all geo-political zones in Nigeria and the states in the zone.
- North Central (Nigeria): loosely known as Middle Belt; includes Benue State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Federal Capital Territory and Plateau State
- North East (Nigeria): Adamawa State, Bauchi State, Borno State, Gombe State, Taraba State and Yobe State
- North West (Nigeria): Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Sokoto State and Zamfara State
- South East (Nigeria): loosely known as former East-Central State of Abia State, Anambra State, Ebonyi State, Enugu State and Imo State
- South South (Nigeria): loosely known as former South-Eastern State of Akwa-Ibom State and Cross-River State; former Rivers State of Bayelsa State and Rivers State; and former Mid-Western Region, Nigeria of Delta State and Edo State
- South West (Nigeria): includes Ekiti State, Lagos State, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, and Oyo State.
As you have seen, the guide on How To Choose States In NYSC Online Registration will enable you make better decisions on how you can apply for NYSC states during online registration.
If this was helpful to you, please share to help others. Thank you.